Montreal, QC, Canada
Extensive and varied leadership experience, including managing a staff of more than 90.
A broad and diverse skill set in small business management, marketing, technology, human resources/recruiting, and sales.
Passionate about• • •
Club de hockey Canadien, Inc.
Member of the Marketing department. Responsible for writing and translating original content for canadiens.com, including game stories, practice blogs, special features, and more. Also responsible for content creation and output on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Co-Founder & Chief Designer
Pont Blanc Design
Website design specializing in personal websites, small/medium-sized businesses, and e-commerce solutions. Click on thumbnail for more examples, and visit Pont Blanc on the web.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Hillel Montreal is the Jewish student organization for CEGEP and University students in the Montreal area, whose mission is to facilitate volunteerism, leadership skills development, and other contributions to the community by students. In 2016, Hillel merged into Federation CJA and joined the newly created GenMTL department.
- Designed promotional material for print (postcards, posters, event tickets) and digital (Facebook event cover photos, logos, Instagram posts) advertising.
- Completed over 100 design projects (and counting!), at a pace of approximately 3-4/week, often on short notice, while multitasking other responsibilities such as social media management and the web redesign project.
- Redesigned and rebranded The Weekly Brew, Hillel’s newsletter to students and other interested parties, using HTML and CSS to create a screen-responsive email template that displayed information more efficiently – and more aesthetically.
- Maintained an open rate consistently at or above the industry average to our 2500+ subscribers.
- Initiated Hillel to Facebook advertising to boost certain targeted events and initiatives.
- Used Facebook Business Manager and corresponding analytics tools to maximize both our paid and organic reach.
- Prepared a redesigned hillel.ca website in WordPress CMS, delivering a visually pleasing, modern, and screen-responsive website (project was halted due to logistical roadblocks, but the website can be viewed here).
- Incorporated a donations and event registration system.
- In Project Management fashion, coordinated between all players to ensure a smooth transition from old site to new – in content, look & feel, and web hosts.
Co-Director & Office Manager
Pripstein’s Camp Mishmar
Pripstein’s Camp Mishmar was a co-educational sleepaway summer camp for children ages 7-14, which offered landsports, waterfront, and creative activities.
Held positions of increasing responsibility:
- Co-Director & Office Manager – Fall-Winter 2014
- Asst. Director & Office Manager – Fall 2013-Fall 2014
- Office Manager – Spring 2010-Fall 2013
- Section Head/Head Staff – Summertime, 2006-13
- Charged with building a fun, responsible and hard-working staff team by recruiting, hiring, and screening all candidates
- Collected staff police checks and certifications, ensuring that all were valid and up-to-date
- Supervised staff, and evaluated them (both verbally and in written form)
- Recorded and carried out staff discipline
- Parent relations
- Designed web and print advertising
- Designed promotional brochure
- Designed and maintained a modern, chic, and visually appealing web site using HTML, CSS, and WordPress CMS (previously Joomla)
- Designed logos and other graphics
- During the off-season, managed social media accounts by preparing and outputting regular content that was both appealing and engaging in order to connect with campers, parents, and alumni. Specifically: Instagram and Facebook.
- Maintained and modified camp database (ERP) system using FileMaker
- Created staff applications database using FileMaker
- Set up and managed Google Apps system for e-mail and internal collaborative work (i.e. Google Docs)
- Set up and managed professional e-mail format for communication with parents and staff (both internally and using MailChimp)
- Set up in-camp staff notification system using private Twitter account
- Parent relations
- Co-ordinated arrival of 90+ staff
- Prepared staffing placements/assignments based on requests and interpersonal dynamics
- Created and modified new staff and camp/camper policies and procedures manuals
- Scheduling: created a 10-day regular schedule for all cabins and activity instructors, and a 5-day rainy day backup
- Programming: coordinated the scheduling and planning of evening activities and special events (Colour War, CIT Scavenger Hunt, etc.)
- Developed itinerary and made bookings for out-of-camp trips (i.e. 4-day tours to Toronto and/or Boston)
- Recruited and met new families (making sales calls to their homes)
- Attended camp fairs and other promotional events to aid in the recruiting of new campers
- Filtered and relayed communications between the camp office/parents/staff and camp directors (who work in schools during the year)
- During the summer, acted as an intermediary between directors and staff, especially during disputes
This was my role as office manager/head staff, before moving up to a director position.
McGill University Bookstore
Fall 2009-Spring 2010
- Co-ordinated staff on the textbook floor; gave out directives and tasks as instructed by management
- Co-ordinated the return of overstock textbooks
- Managed the information desk to serve customers
- Mediated conflicts and concerns between student staff and management/permanent staff
(Temporary replacement for a staff on sick leave.)
Mashtelat Ein Hamifratz
Volunteer on kibbutz Ein Hamifratz in their plant nursery.
Destinations (Alma Mater Society of Queen’s University)
Fall 2007-Spring 2008
General managerial duties:
- Store opening/closing
- Cashing out
- Customer relations
- Supplier relations
- Staff management
Duties as Human Resources Manager:
- Staff scheduling
Duties as Chartering Manager:
- Booking private bus charters for groups and individuals
Destinations has now been merged into the Tricolour Outlet store.
Marketing • Recruiting • Social Media • Event Planning • Human Resources • Sales • Customer Service • Graphic Design • Print Advertising • Online Branding • IT Solutions • Public Speaking • Logistics • Administration
Photoshop • InDesign • Illustrator • HTML • CSS • Responsive Web Design • PHP (basic) • MySQL (basic) • Joomla • WordPress • FileMaker • Google Apps • Zoho Online Office Suite
- English: Mother tongue
- French: Fluent (written & spoken)
- Hebrew: Limited working proficiency
- German: Elementary proficiency
- Without any prior comedic experience, I roasted our entire 90-person staff on Staff Appreciation Night, two years in a row. I got lots of laughs!
- Amateur guitar player, frequent concert-goer, and overall music lover.
- Dedicated fan of the Club de Hockey Canadien, and star beer-league defenseman.
Queen’s University (2004-2008)
Bachelor of Arts – Honours (BAH), Psychology, Sociology
Marianopolis College (2002-2004)
DEC, Commerce (Honours)
Lower Canada College (1997-2002)
Quebec Secondary School Diploma